Friday, September 26, 2008

(7) The Resonator...

Very interesting indeed, Chris Fortescue’s ideas were a lot more founded then he originally makes out, get him talking for a bit and he reveals at least some of his reasons for the work he created. His idea of using the hanging space itself as an art work to force the viewer to interact with it was interesting. I really liked the picture of the escape artist with the large blurred crowd watching, however I completely disagreed with Chris when he said that just because the faces and hands are blurred that it instilled a sense of fear or evil, we associated those things with the image even before we notice the blur due to the fact that the overall picture looks like something out of World War II during the holocaust. I think he knew this but was looking too deeply into his own work searching for reason.

No comments: